If you are not using video content on your website, why not? Whether your goal is to increase web traffic, share knowledge, provide customer support or earn money, video content is a successful strategy for creating a versatile, attractive, and shareable website. Moreover, video content is becoming the staple of people’s online lives. Online users are attracted to video, and small businesses that fail to include it in their online strategy are at risk.
Here are a few important statistics:
- Among U.S. users, 75 Million people watch online videos daily.
- Adding the word “video” to an email subject line can increase click-through rates by 13 percent.
- Mobile devices account for roughly 50 percent of all online video watching.
- By 2021, video will account for 82 percent of all consumer internet traffic.
Reasons to Use Video on Your Website
1. Video Will Enhance Your Business Website – The use of video content can transform a static website into one that is dynamic, interactive and engaging.
2. Video Can Demonstrate a Product or Activity – One of the best ways to educate consumers is to show them how to use or install your products.
3. Video Will Show Off Your Knowledge and Experience – Many companies use being an expert as a marketing strategy. Educational videos can help identify you as an influencer.
4. Video Can Boost Website Traffic – Search engines recognize the demand for video content. So, with proper Video SEO, video can drive traffic to your website.
5. Video Will Help You Stand Out – Despite the growing demand for video content, it is not commonplace for most small businesses. If your competitors are not using video, you will stand above and apart by using video on your website.
All that said, it is important to consider your target audience and make sure videos are relevant. Nevertheless, video content is the future of online marketing.